Holidays in Mangawhai
Time to Plan your New Year .....
We have so much happening in Mangawhai this Summer Do it all or just chill out at the beach
New Year Resolutions
Here are few ideas to get you started:
- Eat right
- Exercise more
- More Family time
- Quality "me" time
- Learn a new sport
- Start a new hobby
Mangawhai Shuttle ....Its Back!!
Shops to the Sands
The Shuttle will be running from 27th Dec until 11 January daily leaving the school on the hour and the Heads on the half hour.
The shuttle will travel from the Mangawhai Beach School in Insley Street to Mangawhai Heads
Pick up and drop off to the Riverside Campground in Black Swamp Road on request
$2 per trip Children (5-14) $1 under 5's free
There will be pick up and drop off points along the route, and these are listed on the website
First pick up Mangawhai Beach School 10am Last pick up 4pm
First pick up Mangawhai Heads 10.30 Last pick up 4.30pm
PDF Timetable to view or print
LEABOURN PASSENGER SERVICE LTD
Phone: 0274 668 1287
For more information and details on the route click here
Final days to get into this
Northern Bass Mangawhai
Featuring: TALIB KWELI, CALYX & TEEBEE, LADI 6, DUBFX, THE UPBEATS, MC ARMANNI REIGN, ONRA, S.P.Y, NU:LOGIC, DILLINJA, ALIX PEREZ, DEAD PREZ..
See website for more event info, transport and camping. northernbass.co.nz
Northern Bass is situated at 420 Settlement Road Mangawhai/Kaiwaka on Worsfold Farm.
Check out how to get to Northern Bass here.
Mangawhai Annual Gala 2 January 2014
From 9am at the Mangawhai Domian
For more information
Mangawhai Annual Black Swamp Rod Run 4th January
Public viewing of vehicles is welcomed at the Mangawhai Beach School car park from 10 – 10.45am by gold coin donation to Mangawhai Beach School
Return to Black Swamp Orchard for family fun day with live band 1pm - 5pm , lolly scramble and prizes
BYO hats, togs, sunscreen and picnic or cash
Hot food and cold drinks available - support the Paparoa Lions
10am till late
Mangawhai Museum -On Molesworth Drive
Coming Mid-January "The Spirit of Mangawhai"
Photographic display of life and significant events in and around Mangawhai over the decades
Sail Rock Café
- Friday 27th December 7.30pm
- Allanah May with Laurie Walker
- Friday 10th January 7:30pm
- Paul Urbana Jones - Ubana sings Dylan
- Tuesday 4th February 7:30pm
( First Tuesday each month)
Mangawhai Music Makers
Music The Mangawhai Tavern
Summer New Year Festival
Dec 26 - Jan 5
Live music every day/night
- Thurs Dec 26 - Mt Eden w' State of Mind - Dick Johnson - Please Please - Overkill - Doors open 7.30pm
- Friday Dec 27 - Guy Sebastian - Doors open 7.30pm
- Sat 28 Dec - Fat Man with Yebiisu - 8.30pm
- Sun 29 Dec - Kurfew - 8.30pm
- Mon 30 Dec - Credence Clearwater Revival Tribute - 8.30pm
- Tues 31 Dec - The Feelers w' Lightning on me - The Goods - & DJ - Doors open 7.30pm
- Wed 1 Jan - The Damage - from 3.30pm Plus Mangawhai Tavern Wet T/shirt comp 4.30pm
- Hot Spit roast available from 4.00pm
- Thurs 2 Jan - Go Nomada - from Australia 8.30pm Cure Motel - DJ Romantech - Emu Beats
- Frid 3 Jan - Katchafire & Kora - doors open 7.30pm
- Sat 4 Jan - Hipshooters from Australia - 8.30pm
- Sun 5 Jan - Alien Weaponry - Aftershock - Ourselves alone - 4.00pm
- Sat 11th - Oceania Storm 8.30pm Door entry $10.00 Presale available at the Tavern and Eventfinder
- Sun 12th - The Damage - from 4.00pm
- Sat 18th - Cornerstone Roots 8.30pm Door entry $20.00 Presale available at the Tavern and Eventfinder
- Sat 25th - Corona Bech Party Tahuna Breaks - Tempist Fujit - The Goods - DJ Doors open 6.30pm Door entry $10.00 Presale available at the Tavern and Eventfinder
- Sun 26th - Less the Harp Live music on the the deck from 4.00 pm free entry Hot Spit Roast available from 4pm
Bennett’s Chocolates and Cafe
Come in to see our wonderful display of chocolates and gifts at the world famous Bennett’s Chocolate Factory and Cafe. Chocolate makes Christmas perfect
The ideal time to try Surfing Great Value Summer Pricing
From beginner to advanced, young to not so young, you will be able to enjoy the surfing experience in a safe, controlled environment with your coach in the water with you.
For beginners and novices we provide “state of the art” modern softboards that are safe, stable, easy to ride and are especially designed to get you up and riding as quickly as possible. You’ll catch more waves and get longer rides. Full length wetsuits are provided for extra comfort and safety.
Aotearoa Surf School are the only surf school licensed by Kaipara District Council to operate at Mangawhai Heads
We also provide a wide variety of surfboards and wetsuits for hire.
One to One
- 2 hour group surfing lesson, surfboard and wetsuit hire included:
- Adult $60.00p.p. (reduced from $85.00p.p.)
- Child 7-15 yrs. $50.00p.p. (was 9-13yrs)
Family and friends Group
- 2-4 people $50.00 p.p.
- 4+ people $40.00p.p.
2 hour private surfing
- surfboard and wetsuit hire included:
- One person $120.00 (reduced from $150.00) Two people $150.00 (reduced from $190.00)
Board and Wetsuit Hire Only
P: 09 431 5760 or 027 250 7906 E:email@example.com W:www.aotearoasurf.co.nz
- From $30.00 for 2 hour (reduced from $50.00 1/2 day)
Mangawhai Heads Volunteer Lifeguard Service
- Annual MHVLS Door Knock - Sunday 29th Dec 2013. Thanks again for your kind donations.
- MHVLS Beach Day -
Anniversary Weekend. 26th Sunday Jan 2014. Fun, family day for all. Beach Games, Sausage Sizzle, Big Dig, etc. Come along and enjoy a day with us at the beach.
- Annual Lifeguard Longboard Contest - either 22nd Feb or 1st March 2014. Open to all lifeguards past & present.
- Jackman Waterman Classic - Date TBC
Our lifeguards will be patrolling between 10am-4pm (Dec-Feb) on weekends and public holidays through to Easter 2014.
Wined About Bike Tours
Try something new this summer that is just a little bit out of the ordinary.
Our specialised maps with all the attractions clearly marked will guide you as you cycle at your own pace. Free pick up and drop off in Mangawhai.
www.winedabout.co.nz Ph 021 945050. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Wined about bike tours Mangawhai NZ
- Wine and olives
- Chocolate treat
- Art and crafts
- Eat your way around Mangawhai
!!! 10% off kitesurfing lessons in Mangawhai
We’re all about providing a personalised and exciting experience – no matter your age or ability level. Our dedicated instructors are passionate about what they do and will provide you with a safe and fun way to learn these amazing water sports. Whether you’re looking for kite surfing, stand up paddle boarding or wakeboarding lessons in Auckland and Matakana or exhilarating jet boat tours, we’ve got something for you!
All lessons and tours can be run in several locations from Auckland City to Mangawhai, depending on wind, weather, tides and of course, your plans. Kitesurfing camps in Omaha 13-16 Dec and 24-27 January
More info on our website www.blueadventures.co.nz.
p: Tony +64 (0) 22 630 5705
Ridge back Fishing and Dive Charters
Fishing Trips from Mangawhai Ph 0800 347 467
Hen and Chicken Islands, Mokohinau Islands, Sail Rock, Little Barrier, Great Barrier
Experience an unforgettable days fishing, diving or sightseeing from our well-equipped charter boat. Departing from Mangawhai your experienced guide can show you the best fishing spots and dive sites.
Excellent fishing and an interesting and varied marine environment make Mangawhai a top destination for corporate trips, weekends away with friends, family fishing and diving adventures and a brilliant, memorable excursion for any holiday in Northland.
Explore some of the best diving in the world. Your guide can show you a wealth of interesting coastal features and many unique reefs and undersea pinnacles.
www.fishing-diving.co.nz/ Ridgeback Fishing and Dive Charters Mangawhai
Catered Coastal Walks
Catered Coast Walks” is a private, fully catered holiday. There are two or three day coastal walking adventures. Explore the spectacular and hidden coastline of the Bream Bay and Mangawhai
Carry only your day pack and if you find yourself too tired to walk the return journey home, just ring and you’ll be picked up. Recommended by the "NZ Herald" as a "Gourmet Outdoor Destination for Walkers." October 2012.
Mangawhai (translated as “the estuary of the Stingray”) is a superb sand-based course with a true sting in its tail. This wonderful natural layout will challenge and reward golfers of every level.
Tight fairways wind through a setting that was made for golf, leading to large undulating greens that possess unvaryingly quick pace.
Natural hazards abound, demanding a quality of golf that favours finesse over raw power.
Internationally rated as a “must play” course, Mangawhai welcomes you to an always-playable layout at any time of the year. www.mangawhaigolf.co.nz
17th January Golf Fundraiser for the MAZ- Mangawhai Activity Zone
The Mangawhai Activity Zone
MAZ on Molesworth Drive
The MAZ volunteers will be working on the snake pathway around the small children's playground over Christmas. Contact Simon Bennet on 021 320 705 if you would like to contribute.
You can help raise funds for MAZ and Mangawhai Cadets by taking part in a Golf Tournament on 17th January at Mangawhai Golf Club.
Fun for Everyone
Behind Mangawhai Fishing and Tackle at 8 Wood Street in Mangawhai Heads.
Ph: 09 431 5385.
Open 7 Days excluding Christmas Day
Adults $6.00; 12 years and under $3.00;
2 Adults and 2 Children only $15.00.
Beach and Country Market
Sundays: 12th and 19 January
Twilight Market January 26th 3 -7pm
A country market of foods, wines, arts crafts and entertainment
Every Saturday morning Mangawhai Village market Village Hall 9am until 1pm
Coming up 9th Feb " The Balrock Adventure Race"
Kaiwaka Sports Association presents
TOP OF THE ROCK
Sunday 9th February 2014
Free camping at the KSA grounds on Saturday night
Refreshments - Food - Entertainment
for more information
The next newsletter is due out February 2014
if you have any news you want included please send it to us before January 20th 2014