If you have any ideas to add to this list please send them to us
Tuesday 9.30am - 11.30am
Wednesday 9.30am - 11.30am
Thursday 9.30am - 11.30am
Friday 1pm - 3.30pm
Saturday 10am- 12 noon
- Skatepark just past the new museum on the causeway
- Bennetts Chocolatier at the village
- Playground at the Domain past the village on the way to Kaiwaka
- Playground at the Heads behind the heads shops
- Walkways- information sheet available from local retailers and the information centre
Walks for all levels
The Cliff Top track is probably too long for 4yr olds. It has steep sides for quite bit of it so the child would have to keep to the track carefully. The long walk over the boulders on the beach may be a bit much. I consider it a 2 and a 1/2hr walk but if you stop to view the scenery and have lunch you could take all day. You do have to watch the tides for the beach part – 3hrs either side of low tide is OK.
The walks in the Park behind the Bowling Club are ideal for little ones. You can walk or play games in there.
- Information Centre Molesworth drive before the Golf Club
- Mangawhai Museum at the Village
- Mini Golf- behind Mangawhai Fishing Tackle open 7 days
- Dvd Hire Bammas at the village
- Dvd Hire and All Sorts shop at the Heads
The Estuary is safe for swimming. Watch for outgoing tide near the harbour mouth
Ocean Beach - Mangawhai Heads. Surf partol & flags in season. toilets & changing rooms
Pacific Beach Take the first road left past the school (Black Swamp Rd) Pacfic rd forestry entrance
Eyres Point a few kilometres past Pacific beach turn off.Toilets, BBQ and picnic table
Te Arai Point North end Pakiri Beach
Our little ones just love the estuary at the bottom of North Ave., spending hours digging and carrying water and looking for shells. They are eight and still choose to go to the estuary. They won’t even move to another part of the estuary.
There are the usual permanent playground areas at the Domain, the Heads shops and now at Activity Centre skate board park.
Aotearoa Surf School & Board Hire
Aotearoa Surf School offers safe and fun Surfing and SUP (Stand Up Paddle) lessons in Mangawhai and Te Arai
Ph: 09 4315760
Mob 021 442 163
* Safe, easy surf instruction by qualified and experienced surf coaches, and lifeguards.
* SUP and Surf options for children, beginners, families, couples and more
* All types of Stand Up Paddle boards
* Short boards, Mini Mals, Longboards, Wetsuits, Roof Racks for hire from our base at Te Arai!
* Delivery available!
Enjoy a day at the beach, estuary or lake with Aotearoa Surf!
Book online now!
Bennetts of Mangawhai Chocolatier
Ph. 09 431 5500
52 Moir St
Mangawhai Village 0505
Hours: 9.00am – 5pm
Catered Coast Walks
1441 Cove Rd, Langs Beach
Willow Tree Equestrian
Offers the following facilities for hire :
Ph Helen on: 09 4314 025
- 18ft Round pen – having trouble with that difficult horse and need a safe environment, with a six foot fence, and good sand surface.
- Experienced help available if required.
- 40 by 20 dressage arena, fully fenced, cavallettis, trotting poles and small jumps available.
- Plenty of parking and full truck turnaround area.
- Horse wash bay facilities and stable if needed.
- Horse experience and lead rein rides for your children before buying a pony.
- Do you need somewhere to keep your horse for the weekend while visiting magical mangawhai, grazing available and somewhere secure to leave your float.
- Horse and pony rides in a fully fenced secure environment, lead or ride by yourself.
- Dressage lessons available by experienced dressage rider – appt necessary (Fri- Sun only)
- Children’s birthday parties, horse rides and fully catered plus organized games…
- School holiday fun camps and overnight stays… use one of our horses or bring your own
Helen: 027 277 5181