2 May 2020 - 23 May 2020 , 09:30 AM until 11:00 AM
Learn to surf, build ocean confidence and have fun with the girls!
Get out on the water consistently, refine your surfing techniques and build your ocean confidence with our Surf Sistas girls only surfing club. The Surf Sistas is an ongoing weekly surfing program designed to help women of all ages and skill levels learn to surf and build more confidence in the ocean. Regular attendees will be able to track their improvement on a week-by-week basis. Above all else Surf Sistas is an awesome club for women with a huge FUN factor!
· 4-week program
· Every Monday 11am – 12.30pm or Saturday 9.30am - 11am
· All surfboards and wetsuits are provided (or bring your own if you prefer)
· Every Sunday we will email you letting you know what beach we will be meeting at (Te Arai Point or Mangawhai Heads) based on the conditions on the day
· Up to 3 dedicated, qualified and experienced coaches
· Should numbers exceed, additional coaches in the water will work with a max 8:1 surfer to coach ratio, likely 6:1 ratio
· Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, oceans and tides and staying safe at the beach.
· Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling.
· Catching waves with correct body and hand position, stopping your surfboard.
· Catching waves with paddling technique, learning the pop up to stand technique.
· Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible.
· Better paddling techniques for speed and efficiency.
· Getting out past breaking waves.
· Reading waves and understanding the different types of waves, what to catch, when to and why.
· Catching the unbroken wave.
· Timing & take offs.
· Front side / back side turns and riding down the face of the wave
Not the dates for you? Check out some of our other dates:
8, 15, 22, 29 Feb (Saturdays)
10, 17, 24, Feb, 2 Mar (Mondays)
7, 14, 21, 28 Mar (Saturdays)
9, 16, 23, 30 Mar (Mondays)
4, 11, 18, 25 Apr (Saturdays)
6, 13, 20, 27 Apr (Mondays)
2, 9, 16, 23 May (Saturdays)
4, 11, 18, 25 May (Mondays)