This website is powered by the Mangawhai Business Association Inc
The official Business group of Mangawhai
Promoting managed growth and opportunities for local businesses while protecting and enhancing Mangawhai's uniqueness.
We work closely with the Kaipara District Council, Destination Northland, Enterprise Northland, the Northland Tourism Development Group and other related bodies.
Vision, Mission & Values
To be the strong clear voice for Mangawhai business to grow and prosper
To be an inclusive organization that inspires, supports and advocates for the Mangawahi business community to achieve long-term value and economic growth.
Purpose and Role
To celebrate and champion business success and vitality in our region; to connect our members to each other and to opportunities and knowledge; and to support business capability.
To do this:
We will work closely with regional, local government and other responsible bodies.
In undertaking the above, we will:
- Build trust and rapport
- Lead by example
- Be open to new and innovative ideas
- Encourage partnership and collaboration
DevelopSeek opportunities to add value to the Mangawhai Business Community
SupportCreate opportunities for members to come together; to learn, network and share information
AdvocateProvide strong leadership and facilitate the bringing together of all Mangawhai interest groups for the inclusive benefit of businesses and the community
Since our formation, we have:
- trademarked the logo Mangawhai
- established this official Mangawhai community/promotions website
- been instrumental in the formation of Mangawhai Forum - an informal gathering of local community/interest groups to air views, formulate action and generally support each other's ventures
- promote the success of local business activity within Mangawhai through promotion and assistance.
- promoted functions on behalf of other bodies with related interests to our group - Kaipara Development Agency, Northland Chamber of Commerce (Excellence Awards), and Enterprise Northland.
- supported annually the official Northland Visitors Guide by paid advertising
- acted as a conduit for dissemination of information for other local community groups
- an ongoing initiative is the production of the very successful Mangawhai tourism promotions brochure, which is strategically distributed to I-sites and information centres within our catchment area.
Committee - Richard Gunson, Alison Dunlop, Melody Tito, Stephen Mackay